Thursday 24 September 2009

Interview with KiyaRaven



Author: KiyaRaven

Location: Australia


On average, how many hours a week do you spend on the Twific world?

I live in the Twific world 24/7, but I occasionally pop my head out into the real world so my hubs and kiddlies don't forget what I look like.

I would be happy to write, all day, every day if I could. I have so many ideas rolling around in my head that they've started taking over, hijacking my brain at the most inconvenient times. I often find myself observing people in various situations and thinking, “Oh, wow, that is such a Bella thing to do,” or “How very Edward of you,” or, “Fuckity, that guy just totally pulled an Emmett.” People who are not into Twilight, of course, think I'm a raving looney. They're not completely wrong.



What fics are you reading at the moment?

I am pretty much in complete reading FAIL at this point, but the fics I always make time for are Poughkeepsie by MrsTheKing, The Blessing & The Curse by TheBlackArrow (fellow Aussie – on 'ya babe!), Dearly Departed & Landscapes by Lambcullen, and CW&IA by fellow pervy h00r, Hunterhunting.

What has been your favorite fic so far?

The very first Twific I read was The List by Laura Cullen, so I'd have to put that down as a fave. I stumbled across Twilighted one day and was completely gobsmacked that there was this whole world of fanfiction out there. I picked 'The List' because the fuckhot banner had something that said something like, “Get him to come in my hand....IN MY MOUTH.”

Well, bugger me backwards. If that's not going to get my attention, bloody nothing will. I devoured the whole thing in about two days, only taking breaks to eat, sleep, visit the bathroom and touch myself inappropriately. *sigh* Ah, good times.


Who do you think is the hottest Cullen guy?
I'm a team Edward girl all the way, mainly fueled by my unhealthy obsession with a certain mind-blowingly hot British actor. I think the fact that Edward is so protective and devoted turns a lot of women on, me included.

But something that ALL the Cullen men have in common is their single-minded dedication to their women. I mean these seriously hot-assed guys aren't interested in even looking at another woman. Passionate monogamy on that scale is just hot beyond description.


What do you think of slash stories?
I've read bits and pieces of slash, and although I find them intriguing, I prefer mixed gender stories. Don't get me wrong, I think a little boy on boy action is all kinds of hot, but when I'm reading fanfic, I usually like to insert myself into the mindset of the female characters, especially in the smut. Obviously I can't do that in slash fics, although the ones I've read have been really well written.

What is your honest opinion of Robert Pattinson?
I think Rob is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery. I mean the man is staggeringly hot, there's no denying it, but he's so much more than that. He's a gifted musician, he's intelligent and well-read, and he has a genuine humility and honesty that is sorely lacking in young Hollywood these days. Having said all that, I would still like give him a full body erotic massage and then eat dinner off his chest.

Too much information?


Do you think the characters in Twilight have only become so idolized and popular because of the film?
I think the film helped to cement the characters in people's brains, but I definitely think the books stirred everyone's imagination to start with. I know there are still a LOT of avid fans out there who rabidly disagree with a lot of the casting choices made for Twilight because the actors that were chosen don't match up with the image they had in mind from the books.

In fact, a pimply-teenage-check-out chick accosted me at the Supermarket the other day whining about the fact that Rob Pattinson wasn't good-looking enough to play Edward Cullen.

WHAT?

I had a good look around to make sure I wasn't going to frighten her seeing-eye dog and then beat her viciously with my freshly purchased celery.

What the fuck, kiddo? Been sniffing spray-paint behind the toilet block at lunchtime? Not good looking enough? Christ in a clown car, you're kidding me, right?

Is anybody you know as obsessed as you are?
Pretty much all my online friends are as obsessive as I am, but I desperately try to hide my massive amount of crazy from my real-life friends cause I just don't need one more reason for them to call up the nut-job-van and have me committed.

I haven't even told most of my RL friends that I write fan-fiction. Knowing them, they'd scramble like fuckwits to read it and then realize what a truly pervy h00r I am and back away, smiling.

I don't let my husband read it either. He'd take one look at my smut and realize what a true sexual Goddess I am and jump my bones MORE than he already does. Quite frankly, I don't have time for that. The catch-phrase, “Get off me, baby, I'm trying to write,” is becoming all too familiar in our household.

Which was your favorite book out of the Twilight Saga?
I really liked Eclipse. I'm a huge horror movie nut, and Eclipse had a sort of seductive darkness about it, feeling more like a genuine vampire story than a romance novel. I'm really looking forward to seeing what David Slade does with it. I'm predicting I may need to wear my adult diapers in case I pee my pants.

Are you a Jake hater or lover?
Oh, Jake, Jake, Jake.

I have to say, in the books, Jake didn't really snap my cracker. He seemed like a nice kid, but that's just it – he was a kid. How could he possibly expect to compete with manly-man, Edward Cullen. However, from what I've seen so far of New Moon, young Taylor really seems to be bringing a hot dose of jail-bait sex-appeal to the role and I think I'm really going to like it. He looks and sounds more mature than the Jake in the books, and I'm hoping that's going to be a good thing.

Describe your ideal Twi-smut scene.
Whoa. Ideal Twi-smut scene? This answer may go on for days.
Ok, things I find incredibly sexy in a smut scene: ripping of clothes, elevators, doors, desks, kitchen benches, dining room tables, pulling of hair, excessive swearing/yelling/screaming, the word 'cock' in many and varied forms, anything to do with erections (hard, long, huge, rigid, shaft, head, straining, engorged), and the orgasm has to be described REALLY well with a subtle emphasis on how the schmexin' affects the characters emotionally.

The best sex scene I've EVER read was the latest chapter of The Blessing & The Curse. OMFG. It ruined me for days. Seriously. Stunning.

Have you ever fantasized about any of the Cullens?
Um...I think a better question would be are there any Cullens I haven't fantasized about, and the answer would be, 'no'.

What is it like to write The Screamers?
It's a blast to write The Screamers, although it's sometimes tough to navigate the delicate balance between funny, touching, romantic, smutty, angsty and just downright crazy. Sometimes I just sit down and it pours out of me with very little effort, but then there are times when I get all emo and second guess myself, and at those times the process feels like I'm trying to give birth to a ten-pound bowling bowl – fucking unpleasant and very slow going.

I'm so in love with my characters it hurts. I love crawling inside their brains every week and seeing what comes out. Occasionally they take me in an unexpected direction, and I adore it when that happens because it seems my best work is character driven. If I try to put something in and the characters stop talking to me, I pretty much know it's going to suck, so I then try a different tact.

I also have my awesome beta and advisor, Catty-Wan to kick my ass when I'm being too fucking precious. She's not afraid to insert her foot up my ass when necessary and sometimes I really need that.

How is the reception to Twilight in Australia? As crazy as the Americans?
Twilight is crazy here but certainly not in the same league as America. I mean you guys have the Twi-stars wandering around the streets over there. Here? Not so much.
Aussies tend to be pretty relaxed around celebrities, purely because we don't get to see that many. If Rob Pattinson walked down the street here most people would leave him alone. The most they would probably do is shake his hand and offer to buy him a beer. That's probably what I would do. Then ask very nicely if I could give him a full-body erotic massage and eat dinner off his chest.


Finally, reader’s question from bondgirl: What would your first thing you would do if you were Bella Swan in the Twilight Saga?

Hmmm, the first thing I would do? Well, I'd probably pounce on my fuckhot vampire lover first and ride him like a cowgirl for eight to ten hours. Then I'd have a nice warm bath, rehydrate my blissed-out bod and eat some mushroom ravioli to keep my strength up (and because mushroom ravioli is fucking delicious.) Then I'd climb back on the sparkle-peen until I passed out, either from continuous crotchsplosions or exhaustion, whichever came first.

(PS. The fact that I just said 'came first' made me giggle. Don't judge.)

7 comments:

  1. Hey Melodie, thanks for asking me to do this, it was great fun.

    Best of luck with the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I am a loyal fucking fic h00r reader/writer and I damnit love this twat to death...

    Melodie..I'm not sure that you could have picked a better author to interview. Bitch has had me in total side-splitting hysterical laughter, wetter than the Niagra Falls and crying more than a bride on her wedding night that just found out the cock she's stuck with for the rest of her life is about as big as a Vienna Sausange....

    Kiya, I fucking love you and shit and shit and shit! Now, twatter me back or I'm going to boycott your skanky ass...buahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that you even considered beating someone with celery made me love you even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE KiyaRaven! So damn much. This lady has me LMAO then wanting to bawl my eyes out. And I love the way she has written Rob in her story. So damn funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gah, i LOVEEEEEE KiyaRaven SFM!!! she is so funny. so so so SOOO funny! i don't think she can be un-funny. her story is awesome. it's broken my heart and healed it back w/ laughter. oh and w/ fuckhot smut too. can't forget THAT! UNFFFF. i recc it to everyone i ever speak to in twi-world.

    and not only that, she is a fantastic person all the way around and i'm so glad i met her thru this insane obsession i have w/ twilight and rpattz LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE The Screamers and KiyaRaven is the MOST AWESOME FF author out there!! She is ALWAYS great to her biggest fans!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Screamers is one of the funniest fics I have ever read. The shit that rolls out of Kiya's head... good lord! I just don't know where it comes from.

    She is a huge, pervy perv, but I love her for it, and she is nice on top of all of it. She is most likely hot as hell too, which is just awful.

    Why? Lets recap... She is unashamedly smutty, wickedly funny, and nice. Which is just so perfect that if she was hot to boot, well, that would just be unfair. And its not like I can hate like I want to. Noooooo, she is too fucking nice for me to dislike... and it really pisses me off.

    lol ;P

    Great inteview, Sweet Tits!

    ReplyDelete