Monday 28 September 2009

Interview with bondgirl


Up and Coming...




Author: bondgirl


(edieb on FF.net)

Location: London, England

What is your favorite book out of the Twilight saga, and why?


I think it would have to be Twilight. After hearing all the hype when the movie was just about to come out, I told myself I wouldn’t read the book as the idea of ‘vampires’ put me off it. However, when I had a twenty-four hour flight back home to England from Australia and I saw the book in the airport, I just thought… hmm… fuck it. And I read it. In like, half an hour. It was crazy. I bought the other three as soon as I got home and power-read. Let’s just say I thought Breaking Dawn was MORE than a disappointment!

Which of your fics did you begin first and why did you write it?


Well, my friend writes for Twilighted, so I became a member so that I could read her work, and then thought, hey, I want to write one! After hating Breaking Dawn I decided that I wanted to do a Post-Eclipse story. Deception came to me as I knew that I wanted to write Bella with someone else, and Jasper was always the most intriguing character for me.

Which is your favorite fic to write, and why?


Again, Deception! I do like writing Violet, because it’s quite a weird storyline, but Deception seems to be like my baby. This is because I love Jasper so much. I mean, he’s so interesting. I also love all the angst I attempt to put through on this story – it’s quite satisfying to write! (I’m not morbid, honest). It’s just exciting because it’s one of those ones where I have an idea in my head of how it’s going to end, but I even excite myself by figuring out how I’m going to get there.

What’s it like to write Jasper?


Well, he’s quite evil in Deception so you know, if ever I’m feeling particularly venomous, I find it pretty fun to put all of my anger into his character. He’s nice to play with (I wish) because obviously, SM never wrote things in Jasper’s point of view, and I had always seen him as a little bit of a bad boy. So I really enjoy writing that in Deception – especially as it’s such a contrast from worrying, naïve Bella.

What new fan fics are you reading at the moment?


I’ve just started a new one actually! It’s called ‘Sometime around Midnight’ by Voluptuous_Vamp. Of course, Jasper is one of the main characters! It’s an AH-Fic and basically Bella is the new girl in school and Jasper and Edward are the joint ‘men on campus’. Bella is falling for both of them, so they decide to try and win her affections together. It’s very pleasurable. Especially for Bella.

What has been your favorite fic so far?


Hmm, that’s quite a hard one. I would probably say either ‘Tropic of Virgo’ by in_a_blue_bathrobe, although that was good for me because I decided to read it once it was completed. I used to like ‘Snowed In’ by eclipsedawn, but I’ve stopped reading that now. I guess the one I was most pleasantly surprised with was ‘Acting Out’ by eroticfan. Very pleasant, indeed.

Do you have any RL friends on any of the fanfiction sites?


Yes, I do actually! I wonder if you have heard of her, you probably have, she’s called Rialle and her story ‘Seducing Ms Swan’ is on the net. It’s a very good read, very well written, but she doesn’t update it much which is a shame!

Which is your favorite Twilight character?


Well, as you might have guessed: Jasper. I just adore him. He’s so lovely. Mmmm… I also love Rosalie as my favourite female character. I’d say that despite her bitchiness (which is still cool, in my opinion) she is probably the most human and real out of the other characters.

Which Cullen boy do you find the hottest?


Er… isn’t it obvious?! Jasper, hands down!

Do you think Rob Pattinson is hot?


Erm, personally, not so much. Okay, he’s obviously not ugly in the slightest, but he just doesn’t really do it for me. I think yeah, the character of Edward Cullen is what’s really hot, but not Rob himself. Although I do remember people liking him in England when he played Cedric Diggory in HP. I also remember having a poster from a magazine of him then – I didn’t put it on my wall though!

Do British people have a different view on Twilight than Americans?


Oh yes, definitely. They’re not as obsessed! Okay, a lot of people have read the books, and a lot of people have seen the film, but that’s about it! The thing I’ve seen in England that shows any sign of obsession with Twilight is two girls that once had ‘Team Jacob’ badges on. So therefore, I like to keep my zeal for Twilight quite private!

Who is your favorite reviewer?


Well there is a woman who always reviews Deception on Twilighted and her penname is Chellie. She always gives me like a page for a review – which I love! It’s sometimes a bit annoying when you get an email in your inbox saying ‘New Review’ or ‘Review Alert’ when all it says is ‘update soon’. Don’t get me wrong, I love every review, but my favourite ones are the longest and most honest! I also get funny reviews when I write Violet though. Many people have been like ‘you’re so British aren’t you?’ Well, yeah! I wish I wasn't so obvious!

What does it take, in your opinion, to be a great writer?


Well, personally, I love it when you can actually feel the other characters emotions. Like, if they’re depressed or angry, you want to cry yourself, or you want to shout with them. And also, obviously, if you can’t wait to read on. If you can’t put the book down/log off FF – the story must be pretty good.

Have you entered any fanfic competitions?


Are you going to enter some more? No I haven’t entered any yet! Although, I was thinking of entering Ninapolitan’s DILFWard contest, I thought it would be quite interesting. I’ve always wanted to do a Carlisle fic. He’s certainly a DILF. I hope the competition hasn't closed yet!

As a very young writer, do you ever feel pressured to write well compared to some of the more experienced writers?


Ha, yeah I do actually. I always feel like really young and overcrowded by the talent that people have on these websites. Sometimes it’s like ‘oh, why can’t I be as good as these people!?’ But then I secretly tell myself that I’m only seventeen and that practice makes perfect.

Team Jacob or Team Edward? Team Jacob. I’m sorry, but he’s SO cute. Annoying in New Moon, but God, have you seen Taylor Lautner’s body? Er, yum.

Reader’s Question from Twilight Boy: Is your boyfriend better than Edward Cullen?


Haha, well, he is as good as Edward but he is real and he doesn’t want to eat me (I think). That’s better though, yeah?

Bondgirl’s stories ‘Deception’ and ‘Violet’ are all up on Twilighted and FanFiction.net. You can follow her on http://twitter.com/ediebo.

No comments:

Post a Comment